Used Car Review: Honda Odyssey Minivan
When looking for a minivan that was built to meet the needs of your family, do not forget to give the Odyssey a closer look. Year after year this car continues to win awards for safety, reliability and innovative seating design – features that have made this one of the best-selling minivans on today’s market.
Advantages of a Used Honda Odyssey
Safety, reliability, and comfort – these are probably the most important features a minivan can offer. And it just so happens, these are all areas where the Odyssey excels, which is probably one of the reasons it ranks as one of the most popular minivans on today’s roadways.
- Innovative seating: With the third row of seats that folds flat into the floor, the Honda Odyssey can quickly go from a seven passenger transporter to spacious cargo hauler.
- Reliability: Year after year the Odyssey has ranked as one the most reliable minivans on the market.
- Safety: When shopping for a family car, safety ranks at the top of every buyer’s mind, which is something you will never have to worry about with the Odyssey.
Used Honda Odyssey Model Years
Since making its debut back in 1995, the Odyssey has been a car that has been praised for offering an innovative design. And even though the minivan has ranked as one the most popular vehicles over its lifespan, it has never stopped striving for even more innovation – winning continued praise for its driving performance and interior comfort features.
- 2011: A sleeker design, roomier interior, and increased fuel economy combined to make this one of the most popular minivans ever produced.
- 2005: The third generation Odyssey was given a host of comfort features, helping add to the minivan’s high-end appeal.
- 1999: Built using Honda’s revolutionary new platform, the roomy second generation Odyssey was the largest Honda ever built.
- 1995: This first generation Odyssey impressed car buyers with a few innovative features. Four conventional swing-open doors with roll-down windows and a fold-flat third-row seat combined to give this Minivan a unique appeal.
What the Critics Have to Say About the Honda Odyssey
Continually ranked as one of the best performing, most reliable and safest minivans on the market, the Odyssey has won any number of awards throughout the years. Most notably, critics have recognized the minivan for its advanced safety features and impressive record of reliability. The following reviews are for the 2011 model year.
- Consumer Reports Test Score: 83/100
- JD Power and Associates Predicted reliability score: 4.5/5
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Overall Crash Rating: 5/5