Used Car Review: BMW 6-Series
This sporty little car offers the appealing combination of a sleek design, responsive handling, and exhilarating acceleration. Due to its relatively reasonable starting price, the 6 Series is a great alternative to the more expensive European luxury cars that dominate the market. Better yet, if you are looking for sporty sophistication without emptying your wallet, this flashy little coupe continues to be a big hit on the used car market. Take one for a test drive today to experience what the 6 series has to offer.
Advantages of the Used BMW 6-Series
Either new or used, the 6-Series offers a little something for everyone – interior comfort, exterior styling, and a powerful, dynamic driving experience:
- Dynamic driveability: Agile handling, a powerful engine and smooth ride all combine to create an exhilarating driving experience.
- High-End Luxury: With the luxury and comfort features you would expect from a BMW, the 6 Series offers a type of driving refinement that is unmatched by other sport coupes or convertibles.
- Powerful Engine: A powerful turbocharged V8 engine gives the 6 series some remarkable and exhilarating punch.
Used BMW 6 Series Model Years
- 2012: After a complete redesign in 2012, the 6-Series, with its lightweight aluminum chassis and twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8 engine offers even more driving excitement.
- 2004: The BMW 6 Series comes equipped with a 4.4-liter 325-horsepower engine that was capable of producing 330 pound-feet of torque. Available as a coupe or convertible, the 6 Series impressed car buyers with its aggressive steering, sleek styling, and economical starting price.
- 1977-1989: The original 6-Series, which sold from 1977-1989, quickly became one of the most recognizable BMWs ever sold. After a short hiatus, the 6-Series returned in 2004, impressing critics and car buyers with its dynamic driving performance.
What the Critics Have To Say About The BMW 6 Series
Sophisticated, stylish and fun to drive, both critics and car buyers agree that the 6 Series is among one of the best luxury car options on the market.
- Consumer Reports - 2006 Test score: 85/100
- JD Power and Associates- 2010 Predicted reliability score: 4/5
AWD vs. 4WD: What's the Difference Between Them
How to Assess the Value of your Used Car