Mercedes-Benz Pre-Owned Program Overview
All Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are less than six years old and have less than 75,000 miles. The vehicles are meticulously inspected to validate that the quality and performance of the vehicle is up to standards of a new Mercedes-Benz.
Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Features
To qualify as Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz vehicle, the car must pass nine different rigorous inspections:
- 11-point General Inspection – verifies age and mileage of the vehicle, ensures the maintenance schedule has been kept and there is no structural damage to the car.
- 13-point Engine Compartment and Pre-Road Test Checks – oil and fluid checks are performed (engine, transmission, rear-axle, brake and clutch).
- 16-point Engine Component Inspection – filters, plugs, engine mounts and V-belts are all carefully reviewed.
- 32-point Electrical System Inspection – every electrical component of the vehicle is reviewed and approved as working.
- 17-point Undercarriage & Drivetrain Inspection – suspensions, steering, brakes, wheels, tires, and driveshaft are examined closely.
- 26-point Chassis and Body Inspection – everything from the vanity mirrors to the body structure is examined and assessed.
- 14-point Road Test Inspection – the road test is performed to identify and ensure that there are issues behind the wheel.
- 3-point Post-Road Test Inspection – verifies there are no leaks or spills and fluid levels remain in tact after the vehicle has been in motion.
- 32-point Appearance Inspection – the cars exterior and interior is scrutinized and free of dents and dings, wear and tear, and with the highest quality finish possible for a used car.
The Mercedes-Benz MBCPO warranty ensures a worry-free used car purchase. The robust warranty extends to the engine and powertrain, steering, suspension, brakes (excluding wear items), electrical system and the climate control system. Unlike the majority of car brands, the warranty does not have a cap on miles; the warranty includes coverage for unlimited miles in the year following the original 4-year / 50,000 mile new car warranty. There is no deductible for warranty-covered service, parts, or labor.
If you purchase a Mercedes-Benz Certified Used Vehicle, you can enjoy extras such as:
- 24-hour Roadside Assistance
The free service includes jump-starts, tire changes (with the car's existing spare) and fuel, if the car has run out of gas.
- Trip Interruption Coverage
If your car breaks down over 100-miles from home and requires an unexpected stay overnight, you will be reimbursed1 for expenses up to $300/day for up to three days. Coverage applies to repairs under warranty.
- Vehicle Exchange Privilege
Buyers may return their car to an authorized dealer within the first seven days after purchase (or 500 miles, whichever comes first) and exchange for another Certified Pre-Owned vehicle of equal value.
1Whether you're looking for a Mercedes-Benz Certified used vehicle or another type of certified pre-owned car, you can find just the right model using our innovative search tool. Search for certified pre-owned vehicles of all makes near you today.