Certified Mercury Program Overview
Mercury’s Certified Pre-Owned program is designed to take the risk out of buying a used car. By limiting the program’s vehicles to only those less than 6 years old and driven fewer than 80,000 miles, Mercury is able to provide used car buyers with the best of the best.
To give customers even more peace of mind, Mercury Certified Pre-Owned vehicles undergo a thorough 169-point inspection and come with a generous warranty and roadside assistance program. If you’re buying a used car, don’t feel like you have to sacrifice dependability for price. Browse the certified used Mercury vehicles in your area by using the tool to the right.
Compare Mercury’s Certified Pre-Owned Car program with programs offered by other manufacturers.
Mercury Certified Used Car Features
The 169-point inspection performed by Mercury technicians ensures that Certified Used Mercurys look and perform like new. These inspections leave no part untouched. The following are just a few of the tasks performed during Mercury’s certification inspection:
- The brakes must operate perfectly, with no pulling or noise, and there must be more than 50 percent thickness remaining on both the pads and rotors.
- All electronics are tested, including sunroof, windows, door locks, audio, alarm system and lights. Any parts that don’t work like they’re supposed to are replaced with genuine Mercury parts.
- To make the vehicle feel completely new, the technician will make sure the owner’s guide, keys and fobs are all present and the gas tank is full.
Learn more about all 169 points of the inspection.
All Mercury Certified Pre-Owned vehicles come with an extensive warranty that can be transferred to subsequent owners, increasing resale value.
- The powertrain warranty is extended to 6 years/100,000 miles from the original purchase date. Items covered under this warranty include all internal lubricated engine parts, all internal transmission parts and the driveshaft.
- An additional comprehensive warranty extends 3 months/3,000 miles from the Certified Pre-Owned purchase date and covers many of the remaining car parts.
Used car buyers who invest in a Certified Pre-Owned Mercury can take advantage of many extra benefits including:
- Roadside assistance that extends the length of the powertrain warranty and includes flat tire repair, jump starts, vehicle lock-outs, up to 2 gallons of gasoline and up to $100 to tow the disabled vehicle to the nearest Mercury dealership.
- Three free months of Sirius satellite radio.
- One complimentary oil and filter change.
- Free vehicle history report.
If you’re looking for a reliable used car, search UsedCars.com’s huge inventory of certified used cars, backed by their respective manufacturers’ certification. Search for certified pre-owned vehicles of all makes near you today.