Certified Ford Program Overview
With an extensive inspection process, long-term warranty and roadside assistance program, Ford’s Certified Pre-Owned program was designed to provide consumers with confidence on the road.
Only a small percentage of used Fords make it into the Certified Pre-Owned program. To even be considered for the program, a vehicle must be under 6 years old and have fewer than 80,000 miles. After that, it undergoes a vehicle history report and 172-point inspection. Only the very best used Ford cars and trucks get the Certified Pre-Owned label, offering buyers the peace of mind that comes from knowing they’re purchasing a dependable vehicle.
If you’re looking for a used Ford that feels like new, search for Ford Certified Pre-Owned cars near you using the tool to the right.
Compare Ford’s Certified Used program with programs offered by other manufacturers.
Ford Certified Used Car Features
Ford uses a strict 172-point inspection that disqualifies many seemingly great cars from ever making it into the Certified Pre-Owned program. All inspections are conducted by Ford factory-trained technicians. You can learn more about all 172 points of the inspection, but briefly, here are some of the highlights:
- All features and electronics are thoroughly tested on the road. During the road test, the technician will do everything from listen for squeaks to feel for pull during braking.
- Tires and brakes are replaced if there’s less than 50% thickness remaining. Fluids are also replaced if necessary.
- Carpet, trim and mats are checked to make sure they’re clean, with no stains or damage. Carpet is lifted to make sure there’s no rust underneath due to flood damage.
All Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicles come with a powertrain and comprehensive warranty that is transferrable to future owners. For buyers looking for even more coverage, an extended warranty is also available.
- The powertrain coverage is extended to 7 years/100,000 miles. Items covered under this warranty include the transmission, engine and drive system.
- The comprehensive coverage extends 12 months/12,000 miles from the Certified Pre-Owned purchase date and covers more than 500 components, including air conditioning, brakes, electrical, audio and safety equipment.
Drivers who invest in a Ford Certified Used Car get to take advantage of a number of extra benefits like:
- A free vehicle history report.
- 24/7 roadside assistance for as long as the powertrain warranty is valid. This assistance includes services like flat tire repair, jump starts, vehicle lock-outs, up to 2 gallons of gasoline and up to $100 to tow the disabled vehicle to the nearest Ford dealership.
- Other breakdown assistance services include travel expense reimbursement, emergency destination expense assistance and rental car reimbursement.
UsedCars.com lists certified pre-owned cars from Ford and many other top auto manufacturers. Use our powerful search function to find certified pre-owned vehicles of all makes near you today.