Don’t see your question? Ask us directly by submitting your question on our
1. How do I contact UsedCars.com?
Simply fill out our contact form
and one of our representatives will get back to you as soon as possible.
2. How do I find a car on UsedCars.com?
There are several ways to search for a used car on UsedCars.com
- Search widget - Select the make of the vehicle you are interested in. If you know the model, select it as well. In addition you can specify the maximum amount you are willing to spend. You will need to enter your zip code to search for vehicles in your area.
- Search by body type - Select the type of vehicle you are interested in, SUV, coupe, pickup truck, etc. You will be presented with a list of vehicle makes with the body type you selected. Select a make and begin your search.
- Search by price range - Select the amount you are willing to spend.
- Search by vehicle make, city or state. These options are at the top of the homepage under Search Used Cars.
- Refine your Search - Upon receiving search results you have the ability to refine your search with filter options on the left side of the screen. You can filter the results by price, year, mileage, features and many more items.
3. Can I save a car I am interested in?
Currently the way to save a vehicle is from the compare page.
- From the search results page check the checkbox next to 2-3 cars to compare.
- Click on the compare button.
- On the compare page you will see “remove” and “save” beneath the image of the vehicle.
- Click “save”.
4. What is the benefit of signing up for a UsedCars.com account?
UsedCars.com account benefits:
- Save time searching.
- Keep track of the sellers you have contacted.
- Keep track of your favorites.
- Stay informed.
5. How do I close my UsedCars.com account?
If you would like to cancel your account with UsedCars.com you will need to:
- First login.
- Click the “My Account” drop down menu in the upper right corner.
- Select “Account Information”.
- Click on “Cancel Membership” link in the bottom left of the blue form.
6. How is my personal information used after I submit my information?
page to learn more about how your private information is carefully handled.
7. Can I advertise on Usedcars.com?
Yes. You can reach a valuable car buying consumer audience with display advertising on UsedCars.com. Sponsorships, run of site, and custom advertising opportunities are available! Click here
to complete and submit our contact form and one of our advertising specialists will contact you.
If you are a car dealer and would like to advertise your vehicles on UsedCars.com please visit our Dealer Information
8. What is a green vehicle?
Green Vehicles use less fuel and have less impact to the environment. The lighter eco-footprint can mean using alternative fuel sources, like electricity, biofuels, natural gas or hydrogen. Or it can simply mean getting more miles per gallon out of a fuel-efficient car that uses conventional gasoline or diesel fuel. Visit our Green Choices
section of UsedCars.com to see green vehicles for sale in your area.
1. Does UsedCars.com actually sell used cars?
No. UsedCars.com does not sell cars. We allow car dealerships to list their vehicles for sale on our website. Any contact or transaction is between you and that particular dealership.
2. Where do the cars on UsedCars.com come from?
The vehicles listed on UsedCars.com come from retail car dealerships across the country. These dealerships partner with UsedCars.com to have their cars appear on our site. UsedCars.com does not list private party vehicles at this time.
3. How often are the vehicles updated on UsedCars.com?
Our inventory feed is updated twice a day. So if you don’t see the car you’re looking for, check back later that day and chances are we might have it!
4. Why are some vehicles listed with no photos?
UsedCars.com makes every attempt to show photos with vehicles that are listed on our site. However photos may not be available at the time the vehicle was listed by the seller. We update our inventory twice a day. So if you don’t see photos the first time; contact the seller by filling out the “Email Seller” form, calling the 800 number or initiating a dealer chat if available. You can also check back later for photos as our inventory feeds get updated.
5. How do I inquire about a vehicle I am interested in?
In order to contact the seller regarding a particular vehicle, please find the page which shows the vehicle details of the vehicle you are interested in, complete the form on the right side and click "Send Email". The seller will be notified and contact you as soon as they are able.
6. Is it free to contact the seller for a price?
Yes. UsedCars.com is completely free to our users.
7. Do used vehicles come with warranties?
Certified Pre-Owned cars will generally come with warranties that are comparable to new car warranties. You will have to check with the seller to be sure the car you’re interested in has a warranty included.
8. What is a vehicle history report?
These reports contain valuable information about a vehicle’s past. They typically include title information along with any previous accident reports or insurance claims made on the vehicle. This is very useful information when shopping for a used car. Visit our vehicle history report
page for more information.
9. Do all the used cars for sale on UsedCars.com have a vehicle history report or Carfax?
Not all of the cars you see on UsedCars.com have vehicle history report information on our site or included with the actual car. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Carfax information in the lower left hand portion of our vehicle description pages or contact the seller about the vehicle history report for that car.
10. Does UsedCars.com sell new cars?
UsedCars.com does not list new cars on the site; however you can get a new car price quote by visiting our New Car quote page
. Select the vehicle you are interested in and a list of new car dealerships in your area will appear. Fill out the contact form and select the dealerships that you want to hear from.
11. Does UsedCars.com buy cars?
No. UsedCars.com does not purchase vehicles from dealerships or private party sellers.
12. Can I sell my car on UsedCars.com?
No. At this time UsedCars.com does not list cars from private party sellers.
13. How do I go about listing my dealerships vehicles on UsedCars.com and how much does it cost?
Visit our Dealer Information
page for all the information you need to get listed on UsedCars.com.
14. Does UsedCars.com list cars from international countries?
At this time UsedCars.com only lists vehicles within the United States.
1. What is CPO?
CPO stands for Certified Pre-Owned. These cars have been “certified” by the manufacturer through a rigorous inspection process. They are generally late model low mileage vehicles that are intended to bridge the gap between buying a new and used car. Visit UsedCars.com’s Certified Pre-Owned Center
to search for certified vehicles in your area.
2. What are the advantages of buying a certified pre owned vehicle?
Certified Pre-Owned vehicles can be an attractive alternative to buying a new car. CPO vehicles give buyers the choice between a higher end CPO vehicle and a cheaper new car. Oftentimes the warranty that CPO vehicles offer are comparable to new car warranties. The advantages of buying CPO over a used car are that the vehicle has been put through a detailed inspection process.
3. Are all certified pre-owned programs the same?
No. Each manufacturer has its own inspection process as well as own warranty coverage for their CPO programs.
1. Does UsedCars.com finance vehicles?
UsedCars.com does not provide any banking services; however, visit our Finance Center
page to find out where you can find a great rate on an auto loan regardless of your credit score!
To request an auto loan through UsedCars.com:
- Go to our Finance Center.
- Select your credit rating and click “Apply Now”.
- Complete the requested information and click “Submit Application”.
- Your request will be forwarded to our trusted partner.
2. Can I buy a car with bad credit?
Buyers with bad or even no credit still have many options when it comes to buying a car. UsedCars.com can help you find an auto loan with little or no credit. Visit our Finance Center
page and select the Bad/No/Unknown Credit option on our financing page and fill out the secure application form.
3. Can UsedCars.com help me calculate my payments?
Yes, we have payment calculators on our Finance Center
page that will help you calculate your monthly payments and help you decide on how much you can afford to spend.